.

Monday 23 September 2019

Learning Style Inventory Essay Example | Topics and Well Written Essays - 1000 words

Learning Style Inventory - Essay Example My achievement style manifests itself through my belief in giving and asking for honest feedback, my commitment to making things better, and a focus on achieving excellent standards. Finally, my power style manifests through my tendency to be dictatorial, rather than guiding, my aggressive attitude, and the tendency to feel threatened by anyone I perceive to undermine my authority. I think my limiting style is my power style, which has increased my tendency to associate what I am worth at the workplace with how much I can dominate and control others. One behavior that I would like to change in this style is my tendency to be dictatorial, where I would like to be more guiding and nurturing as a manager, which will allow me to have a better relationship with my workers and subordinates.Impact on Management Style  My personal thinking styles portend a very important impact on my style as a manager. I scored quite highly in my self-actualizing qualities. In my personal life, I tend to live for and by the moment. In my workplace, I find that all my workmates are responsible for what they do, and to obtain their goals we all need to be responsible for our actions. I also strive to be self-developing and have an urge to keep learning. This is an important perspective in my work in management since I can assign my team tasks that are based on learning curves. When I see a team member who is in need of a new skill, I use the opportunity to better their experiences. In organizing terms., I have the ability to select the best team for completion of the task. I am also able to distinguish the qualities each member exhibits and how it specifically fits within the task. With regards to leadership, I feel that I can lead the team in case of obstacles while I am also accepting their flaws and make attempts to work around these issues. The fact that I have a high score in achievement proves that I have the ability to show initiative in effecting changes. I feel able to begin a reformation to improve the team’s efficiency. With regards to planning, I am able to lead in making proper adjustments. I also have the ability to organize various tasks based on things that need to be done under my guidance and according to my standards. Over time, I also feel that I have got more lenient, which has lessened my tendency to make unattainable goals and standards for my team members. While I am available to show them the things that need to be done as a leader, I also expect them to do their part in their tasks. Genesis of Personal Style I assume that my upbringing has had a major effect on my personal styles. For instance, my parents were very controlling and demanding. Growing up, I was always required and expected to do a thing right or not attempt to do it in the first place, which caused me into always seeking to be in control and have power so as to make sure I had the ability to do things right. My father was never particularly satisfied with most things I did, which was also responsible for my very high need to achieve. I

No comments:

Post a Comment