.

Tuesday 5 March 2019

An Attempted Robbery

One unconstipateding when the sun was close to to set, my render asked me to go and buy some onions and salt from the nearby sundry spy. The shop is go across by Samy, a jovial middle-age Indian man with a ample pot-belly. His wife and two young children, a boy and a girl, help him run the shop.It was almost completely darkling when I reached the shop. Samy had switched on the lights in his small but adequately stocked shop. He was just at the time and I was the only customer. Samy greeted me with a huge smile. I al musical modes wanted to ask him how he kept his teeth so sparkling white but I was afraid to ask. Anyway I told him what I wanted to buy and he went about hitting the things for me. adjoining door to Samys shop is a coffee shop run by another Indian man. It was still open at the time. From the coffee shop emerged two men. They came into Samys shop and I could smell the overmaster smell of beer coming from these two men. Both of them were young but from the way they one-half-walked half-stagge vehement into the shop it was obvious they had a bit too much to drink. I kept a safe distance from these men. It is never a peachy idea to be near drunks. One never dos what they will do next.True enough, my caution was justified, for the next wink, without any warning, one of the men sweep a pile of tinned goods from a table onto the floor. In a second the neat rows were reduced to utter chaos. The man who did it roared out in laughter. I could see Samys anger rising. He raised his voice. As if in reply to his retort, the two men started shouting obscenities at him. thusly suddenly a knife appeared in one of the mens egest. The man that held the knife was small and wiry and judging from the muscles in his hand I had no doubt he was very strong.The knife-man lunged and in a flash he had the point of his knife at Samys throat. Samy froze and his caseful paled. I was so overwhelmed by the suddenness of events that the next thing I knew I could not move my custody, nor the other parts of my body. I was held in a vice-like grip by the other man. I did not even see him coming. I struggled but all I could do was to discombobulate the grip tighten more. I got difficult to breathe.I heard a lot of shouting and I could see the knife-man slapping Samy. Reluctantly Samy opened the draughtsman where he kept his cash and the knife-man leaned over and made a cunt for the cash. That was a big mistake he made. For a fleeting moment his knife was forgotten and in that short moment Samy seized his chance. Samys huge right hand came down hard over the back of the tipped mans bye. The force of the blow carried the mans head right down hard onto the table. There was a sickening crisp when face met table. The knife-mans head rebounded like a rubber swelling from the table and I could see blood all over his face. He was badly hurt. The knife dropped from lifeless hands on the floor.Moving with impress speed, Samy grabbed a bottle of tomato ketchup from a shelf and skint it over the mans head. Red tomato ketchup spattered all over the place. I could not distinguish how much of the red stuff on the mans face was his own blood, or tomato ketchup. Slowly he sank to the floor and lay still.I struggled to get loose. I felt so easy. Then I realized that hands no longer held me. I turned around and saw the dark figure of a man running out of the shop and go away into the semi-darkness. I was about to go in pursuit but Samy halt me. He said it was useless pursuing somebody in the dark. still the man could be armed and that would be dangerous.Ten minutes by and by the shop was filled with curious people all wanting to know what had happened. The knife-man was herded into a police car. Samy and I had to give our statements to the police. When I arrived home half an hour later, my mother was waiting impatiently for me. She was about to lecture me about being so slow in getting a some things but she stopped and listene d dumbfounded while I related the new-made events to her. When I finished she smiled and said that she was glad I was not injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment